Sunday, March 7, 2010

How hard is it to transfer from community/tech college to Georgia State University and get accepted

How hard is it to transfer from community/tech college to Georgia State University and get accepted?

Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Depending on your grades and GPA, it's not that difficult. I got an acceptance months before the application deadline, I think it was because I made a good impression with the admissions counselor who handles transfer applicants when I spoke with her. Make sure you go to a campus visit and transfer information session. They record whether you did or not and it shows your interest in the school. Have you applied yet? They don't ask for much, e.g. no essays, letters of recommendation, and they only asked if I took the SAT or ACT - they didn't request my scores. I'm transferring from a technical school and I won't be living on campus - that may have played a part in their decision. It also depends on whether you want to graduate with a degree from their school or just take classes, etc. Also, your planned major - whether they have enough space for you.





Read more discussions :

No comments:

Post a Comment