Friday, October 1, 2010

Is the University of Georgia a good college if I want to be a lawyer

Is the University of Georgia a good college if I want to be a lawyer?
I am interested in becoming a lawyer, but UGA's website claims that they do not have an official Pre-Law program. I'm not sure if many successful lawyers come from this university, or if it has a lot of opportunities for the career I am interested in. It seems like a great college, but is it a good choice for potential lawyers? Thanks!
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
It is fine for potential lawyers. I found the UC Berkeley pre-law advisor to be more interested in filling his own classes than in giving objective advice. (He is now deceased, or I would not have used this example.)
Answer 2 :
1. Law schools don't recommend a pre-law program. Everything that you need to learn about law you will learn in law school. Pre-law students don't do any better in law school than those with unconventional majors. 2. It doesn't matter what school you go to as long as you do well and ace your LSATs. There really isn't a university that best prepares you for going to law school. That being said, UGA is fine.





Read more discussions :

No comments:

Post a Comment