Friday, October 7, 2011

How do I begin registered nursing school in Georgia when I have never attended college

How do I begin registered nursing school in Georgia when I have never attended college?
Becoming a ob/gyn nurse practioner is one of my biggest goals for myself, but I don't know where to begin being that I have never attended college before.I ultimately want to deliver babies. I have a love for it. If someone knows how I can get into school for this field, please by all means, respond to my question because I don't know where to start. I have a G.E.D. , and I know that I will have limited choices, but I am extremely determined to become an OB/GYN doctor.
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Please try: http://www.nursingmasters.com They have lots of good information on various nursing degrees both Bachelors and Masters
Answer 2 :
You'll need to start at a community college with a year of pre-reqs. The college more than likely has an RN program, so an advisor will show you what classes are required. You have to have certain classes done before you can apply for the nursing program. The advisor will be able to tell you what ones your college requires. Get all those classes and math done ASAP and apply for the program!!! I'm willing to bet there is a waiting list, so get the classes done, apply, and get on that list. By the time you finish the rest of your classes, you should be ready to enter the program. Nursing entrance is usually very limited so it's competitve. You need to make up for that GED, so you need to do really good. ( I was in the same boat). And don't forget, your not stopping with the RN, so other colleges will be looking at these transcripts in the future, so don't play! Talk to people about what the classes are like and what instructor to try and get. I've heard to take microbiology by itself, with no other classes it's so hard. Make sure you can easily handle your load and not have a meltdown. sooo. Now, just go to the community college, speak to an advisor. Find out if you need to take a placement test, then take it asap. Ask what classes you need for the RN program, & what ones need to be done to apply. Go to financial aid, apply. Go to student registration, register. You will most likely have to go to an orientation, which is probably where you sign up for classes. If at any point you get confused, tell the advisor! Remind them you have never attended before! You'll get the hang of it by the time your going for your doctorate! good luck!!! I hope I helped!





Read more discussions :

No comments:

Post a Comment