Saturday, November 14, 2009

Will I be a Georgia resident for college tuition purposes or no

Will I be a Georgia resident for college tuition purposes or no ?
I was wondering if I'd be a Georgia resident or not when I apply to colleges soon. I moved to Florida in March but came back to Georgia in June and I'd stayed here before for about 6 years at the same address.
Financial Aid - 2 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Your admissions department has set criteria for defining State residency. But if you lived in a state for over a year you are considered a resident. They may ask you to provide them with documentation of your residency such as a dated lease or mortgage papers, utility bills dating back at least 6 months, a GA driver's license, etc.
Answer 2 :
If the college that is in Georgia requires a student to live in Georgia at least a year or more, then you maybe considered as a Georgia resident.





Read more discussions :

No comments:

Post a Comment