Sunday, May 1, 2011

how do you live on your own and attend college in Georgia

how do you live on your own and attend college in Georgia?
I have not had a real job , but I work really hard. I want to know how i can manage a apartment or rent a room and work while attending school. I am 18 and my mom bought me a car already. I would like the answer as detailed as possible, because I am so lost ..lol thanks Also, what are the salaries for regular jobs?HELP !!
Financial Aid - 3 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Start with your FAFSA. www.fafsa.ed.gov You can apply for a Stafford loan from there. I would also look into the HOPE scholarship in Georgia. Figure out what school you want to attend and from there meet with a Financial Aid officer who should be able to advise you what specific steps you need to take. Good Luck to you.
Answer 2 :
It may be a bit cheaper there than in California. Why don't you trade off with a family to babysit part time and live in their home? I believe kids should concentrate on school and not work but if $$ is the problem as in most families then why don't you put in for some government grants. My tenant has two degrees and isn't pursuing anything related to them.. She is back in school on grants and now becoming an Oriental Medicine Doctor/Accupuncture. So I know it can be done, just takes time.. There are plenty of grants out there so go get them...Most colleges will give you some leads on the best places to look for them.
Answer 3 :
I agree with the first one. Your first step should be the FAFSA to help you out with grants and loans (that you don't have to pay back until after college). Just make sure you have all the important info. about yourself and both parents (W-2s, social security numbers, basic info). Look for a job on campus. Most colleges and universities have website for employment. These jobs pay a little bit more, especially if you have work-study, and are very flexible with your schedule. At my university, campus jobs range between minimum wage and $9 an hour. Work-study jobs range between $9-$15 an hour. You won't be able to make rent payments as well as other bills like utilities, phone AND paying for books and student expenses. So either get a job or take out loans if you don't want to work. Loans will hurt you in the long run because you will have to pay em off, so get a job. Or two jobs like me. Good luck!





Read more discussions :

No comments:

Post a Comment