Saturday, August 14, 2010

What's a nice, small, affordable college near northeast Georgia

What's a nice, small, affordable college near northeast Georgia?
I'm a twenty year-old female currently attending the University of Georgia. My problem is that UGA is far too big, and I've been miserable. I love the campus and the people, but it's way to easy to be lost in the classes. Extreme family drama during my freshman year shot my grades to hell, setting me on academic probation. In addition to school work, I've been battling depression and seeing a therapist. This year, it looks like I'll be dismissed. I'd like to attend a college closer to home (the northeast corner of Georgia) preferably in-state with a smaller campus and a fine/studio arts program. I've looked into Truett and Brenau and several others, but I can't decide. Is there anyone out there who can recommend a good college?
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
virginia tech
Answer 2 :
Have you checked Piedmont College? It's only an hour or so north of Athens in Demorest. I taught on campus and had classes that were only 30 students--max. I think it's a private college, so tuition might be steep. The faculty is pretty good, too. I think you should check it out: www.piedmont.edu





Read more discussions :

No comments:

Post a Comment